The Buku Project starts Friday, and here's who you'll hear at Mardi Gras World.
Buku returns to Mardi Gras World Friday, March 11 for two nights, and late last week organizers posted the schedule, with Kid Cudi closing the Power Plant Stage Friday night and Pretty Lights' live band headlining Saturday. Both close the outdoor stage at 11 p.m., but the music continues on the two indoor stages until 1 a.m.
Buku also offers a series of "Buku Late" parties starting with Thursday's "Bukickoff" with Lookas, Hyphee, SFAM, and Blitz. The rest of the Buku Late schedule is as follows
· Friday at The Republic: Baauer, Mija, Sweater Beats, Graves, and The Funk Hunters
· Friday at Dragon’s Den: Matthew Dear (DJ Set), Thugfucker, Unicorn Fukr, Herb Christopher, Ryan Deffes, Jared Holden, Reed Tribou, and Otto
· Saturday at Joy Theater: Pretty Lights with special guest Pres Hall Horns, Break Science, and Supervision
· Satuday at Dragon’s Den: J.Phlip, Mark Starr, Atnarko, Unicorn Fukr, Herb Christopher, C-LAB, Javier Drada B2B Lleanua, Bouffant Bouffant, Will Brennan B2B Rye, and Tristan Dufrene
· Saturday at The Republic: Yellow Claw, NGHTMRE, Louis The Child, Jazz Cartier, and AF The Naysayer, fueled by Monster Energy
· Sunday at Dragon’s Den: The Widdler, Dev79, The Librarian, Swimwear, New Planet, Quickie Mart, Unicorn Fukr, and Kidd Love
There are a lot of DJs and producers playing Buku--enough that it's hard to imagine anybody knows everybody. Here is a playlist with tracks from the last six months from most of the performers. I've limited the playlist the song-length tracks to keep an already long playlist from becoming unmanageable, even though few of the artists will limit themselves to discrete songs. That meant I couldn't include anything by New Orleans' Tristan Dufrene, but you can hear her here.