A second weekend of Jazz Fest and the too-many-to-count shows surrounding it feature sets from Arcade Fire, the Boss, Charles Bradley and many more.
This Week's Soundtrack on Spotify
1. "In the U.S.A." - Flamin' Groovies: The "Shake Some Action"-era lineup largely reunited last year for Flamin' Groovies, and that band plays at One Eyed Jacks tonight.
2. "Dog House Blues" - Yvette Landry: The singer/songwriter out of Breaux Bridge takes on Jazz Fest Thursday.
3. "Corpus Christi Bay" - Robert Earl Keen: Keen will play Jazz Fest on Sunday, and Alex will have an interview with him at the Allison Minor Music Heritage Stage.
4. "Arizona" - Alejandro Escovedo: The Mexican-American singer has two shows this week, one at the Fair Grounds on Friday and another at the Parish Room on Saturday.
5. "Montana" - Tycho: The eternally chill electronic producer is at the Republic tonight.
6. "Open Sesames" - Wild Moccasins: The Houston band who's working had to represent its hometown's underrated music scene will come to Gasa Gasa on Wednesday, and we'll have a preview of the show on Tuesday.
7. "Dory's Day Out" - Garage A Trois: The New Orleans quartet is at the Howlin' Wolf Wednesday.
8. "Duplex Trip" - Avey Tare's Slasher Flicks: Tare of Animal Collective brings his newly formed, horror-movie-inspired side project to the House of Blues on Friday.
9. "One Love / People Get Ready" - Bob Marley & The Wailers: The legendary Wailers play Jazz Fest Thursday.
10. "Craney Crow" - Dr. John: An all star tribute to the New Orleans icon goes down Saturday at the Saenger Theatre, featuring Mavis Staples, Gregg Allman, Lucinda Williams and many other familiar faces.
11. "Brown Eyed Handsome Man" - Lyle Lovett: The country crooner has a Thursday Jazz Fest set.
13. "Interference Fits" - Perfect Pussy: The post-punk indie darling is on the rise while still in its infancy as a group, playing Gasa Gasa on Thursday.
14. "Marc Jacobs" - Riff Raff: Not many adjectives ae adequate to describe Riff Raff's weirdness, so see for yourself tomorrow night at the House of Blues.
15. "Drifting" - Fiend: The NOLA rapper plays the monthly Ubiquity show at Press Street Gallery on Friday.
16. "If He Should Ever Leave You" - Tom Jones: Jones is sure to bust out his greatest hits for a House of Blues show on Wednesday.
17. "Looks Good with Trouble" - Solange: The neo-R&B singer recently relocated to New Orleans, which she shows so much love to on her Instagram. Solange plays Jazz Fest on Thursday.
18. "Green Light" (feat. Andre 3000) - John Legend: Legend plays the Saenger Theatre on Thursday.
19. "Vacation Spot" - Kool Keith: The Bronx rapper and Ultramagnetic MCs' founder comes to the Howlin' Wolf on Thursday.
20. "Something Stupid" - James Booker: A Booker tribute and screen of his biography Bayou Maharajah goes down tomorrow at Southport Hall.
21. "Closer I Get To You" - Maceo Parker: Parker plays a late night Tip's show on Friday.
22. "Sum People Don't Change" - Hawthorne Headhunters: The hip-hop group headlines a much smaller festival at L'Entrepot on Thursday.
23. "Native Puppy Love" - A Tribe Called Red: The eclectic electronic project out of Ottawa has a Thursday Jazz Fest show.
24. "Invent the Future" (feat. P.U.D.G.E) - Truth Universal: The local undergroup hip-hop auteur takes on Jazz Fest for a Thursday set.
25. "When the Weather Breaks" - The Iguanas: The Iguanas play eight shows over the next week, including a Friday Jazz Fest spot.
26. "Hang Loose" - Alabama Shakes: The Shakes are still touring after releasing a great debut album, returning to New Orleans for Jazz Fest Friday.
27. "Strictly Reserved for You" (feat. Manhattan Street Band) - Charles Bradley: Funk and soul vet Bradley has two shows this week, a One Eyed Jacks set on Thursday and a Jazz Fest show on Friday.
28. "The Body Electric" - Hurray for the Riff Raff: The "Small Town Heroes" have a busy Jazz Fest week, playing Thursday at One Eyed Jacks with the above-mentioned Bradley, and two more shows Friday at the Fair Grounds and First Presbyterian Church.
29. "Big Chief" - The Honorable South: The group plays Jazz Fest on Friday.
30. "Express Yourself (Say Yes)" - Jon Batiste and Stay Human: Batiste and his crew play Blue Nile on Saturday and a Jazz Fest set on Saturday.
31. "Homecoming Heroes" - The Head and the Heart: The twee-leaning indie rockers play Saturday at the Fair Grounds.
32. "Talk to Me" - Bruce Springsteen: The Boss is back, closing out Jazz Fest Saturday.
33. "Dap Walk" - Ernie Vincent & the Top Notes: Vincent brings the funk Sunday for a Jazz Fest set.
34. "Staying in Town" - Luke Winslow-King: Winslow-King also has a number of shows over the next week, including a Sunday Jazz Fest spot.
35. "Daylight" - Bobby Womack: Womack plays Jazz Fest Sunday.
36. "Normal Person" - Arcade Fire: The Canadan indie heroes return to Jazz Fest for a Sunday set.