Our Freshly Spilt Milk Soundcloud playlist previews new music from White, Salva, Towkio, Sinderlyn, Summer Cannibals, Crizzly and more.
PostedFebruary 13, 2015
- "Involved" - Towkio feat. Vic Mensa: “Involved” is the new single from Towkio, with support from Chicago native, Vic Mensa. It is produced by Kaytranada, who Mensa has teamed up with many times before. Towkio’s forthcoming album, .Wav Theory, is due for release this April.
- "Blame" - Innovative Leisure: In his sophomore album, Rapture, UK songwriter Tropics draws on influences ranging from James Blake to Little Dragon. This single is no exception, with moody, chilling vocals laid over haunting, airy instrumentation.
- "Land Gone" - Sinderlyn: The London based band Novella announced its new LP, Land, in May on Sinderlyn Records. The quintet has released the first single off the LP, and if “Land Gone” is any indication, the album with be a “succinct homage to ‘90s shoegaze and the psychedelic ‘60s.”
- "Ordinary World" - Domino Kirke: Brooklyn musician Domino Kirke’s single, “Ordinary World,” is a little dusty and funky, with whining guitars and spacious melodies. It comes from the Independent Channel EP, due for release May 26.
- "Show Us Your Mind" - Summer Cannibals: Summer Cannibals are a female-fronted, punk-flecked four piece band from Portland. Their sophomore LP, Show Us Your Mind, will be released March 3 via New Moss Records. Their tour begins shortly after the LP’s release, and they will be playing at SXSW.
- "Salters" - Daktyl: Daktyl is part of a new wave of ambient, “soundscape” producers. Originally from the UK, he has released his new single, “Salters,” on Diplo’s prominent Mad Decent label. His debut Cyclical LP is due for release April 21.
- "Blue Light, Red Light (Someone's There) - Jack White: Originally written by Harry Connick Jr., Jack White’s cover of “Blue Light, Red Light (Someone’s There)” is the B-side for “That Black Bat Licorice,” which is the latest single off his solo album, Lazaretto.
- "Joust and Jostle" - Wire: “Joust and Jostle” is the new single by Wire, from their forthcoming, self-titled album that is due for release April 21. It is a jagged indie electronic jam.
- "What You Know" (Crizzly Remix) - TI: Chris “Lee” Marshall stays true to his crunkstep sound with his bass-heavy rework of TI’s hit, “What You Know.” Crizzly will be playing at the Republic on February 15.
- "Drinks on Us" (Salva Remix) - The Weeknd: Salva cannot be stopped, with a steady stream of new music over the past few weeks; he releases a brooding, trapped out remix of Mike WiLL Made-It and the Weeknd’s “Drinks on Us.”