"Freshly Spilt Milk" returns with new music from Ghostface Killah, Miami Horror, PKP, Male Gaze, Surfer Blood, Action Bronson and more.
[UPDATED:] "Big Search recorded "Love In Return" for the second season of the IFC series Maron" - Forcefield PR
1. “Love like Mine feat. Cleopold” – Miami Horror: Miami Horror are set for their second LP’s release on April 21 through Haven Sounds & Dine Alone Records. The LP, All Possible Futures, is a follow-up to their debut album, Illumination. Their single, “Love like Mine feat. Cleopold,” is a funky, indie electronic track that offers an exciting taste of what’s to come from the Australian band.
2. “Club Italien” – Le Couler: With funky, driving basslines reminiscent of Chromeo, Montreal synthpop trio Le Couleur brings a nostalgic presence to clubs everywhere. You can pick up their album, Dolce Desir, now.
3. “Lost Arps” – Branko: “Lost Arps” falls into the genre of zouk bass, which is characterized by tropical 90 BPM beats that can almost be considered a chill house take on moombahton. This track is one of many on the compilation album, We Call it Zouk Bass Vol. 2, released on February 16.
4. “You’re on My Mind” – Au.Ra: As the Sydney duo prepares to release first full length on March 3, they’ve released a brooding single that is filled with bold drums, floating melodies, and shoegaze-esque guitar riffs.
5. “The House" – Le Volume Courbe: This funky song features toy gun sounds and nostalgic vocals from French woman, Le Volume Courbe. Her new double A-side single, “The House / Monte Dans Mon Ambulance,” was released on February 24 via Ring The Alarm records.
6. “Princess Castle 1987” - peachkellipop: This wonderful song is sweet in a gritty 64-bit way. Look out for PKP’s third full length record being released this April on Burger Records.
7. “Hi – Lo” – Broken Water: Olympia's Broken Water has announced their new LP, Wrought, out March 24th on Night-People Record. This single features a mix of noisy guitars and melodic vocals that are sure to characterize the album.
8. "The Shining Path" - Male Gaze: In their words, Male Gaze's new track features, “Strong vocals a la Modern English, back-beat complete and foamy bass bleached on to half-inch tape specially for Castleface.” Their debut LP, “Gale Maze" is due out March 23 on Castleface Records.
9. "Dorian" - Surfer Blood: After a few tumultuous years Surfer Blood went back to their roots for their forthcoming album, 1000 Palms, due out May 12. A totally DIY effort, this single is an exciting taste of what's to come from the alternative Florida band.
10. "Love in Return" - Big Search: Big Search's bluesy track is haunting and addicting. After the release of his last album Role Reversal, "Big Search recorded "Love In Return" for the second season of the IFC series Maron," which mirrors the cynical, yet romantic theme of the song.
11. "The Mile" - Cool Ghouls: San Francisco band Cool Ghouls embody a revamped '60s rock sound that is reminiscent of The Byrds, and they have just announced a US Tour that features a set at SXSW. Their LP, A Swirling Fire Burning Through The Rye, is out now on Empty Cellar Records.
12. "Sagres" - The Tallest Man on Earth: Two weeks ago The Tallest Man On Earth announced a new album, Dark Bird, that is set for release May 12. The first single, “Sagres,” is an exciting preview of what's to come from the Swedish folk singer/songwriter.
13. "Falling from the Sky" - Calexico: Calexico has just released a new song, "Falling From The Sky," featuring Band of Horses' Ben Bridwell. It's all good vibes from the group who recently announced their forthcoming album, Edge of the Sun>/em>, due out April 14 on Anti-.
14. "Crybaby Demon" - Crocodiles: The first single from Crocodiles’ forthcoming album Boys reflects the band's culturally offbeat experiences while recording in Mexico City.
15. "Take Ü There" (Missy Elliott Remix) - Jack Ü: Diplo and Skrillex's supergroup has had one of their most popular tracks reworked by rap legend Missy Elliott. Following her appearance in the Super Bowl halftime show, Missy Elliott proves she's still got it and there's much more to come.
16. "Gold Dust" - Galantis: Swedish duo Galantis have revealed their new song "Gold Dust," which is a progressive house song that focuses more on melodies and structure than the sub-kick heavy, big room sound that many producers have been adopting.
17. "Terry" - Action Bronson: "Terry" is a mellow, vibe heavy track produced by The Alchemist, and is set to appear on Bronson's forthcoming full length debut, Mr. Wonderful. Out March 24 via VICE / Atlantic. The album features collaborations with Chance the Rapper, Big Body Bes, Mayem Lauren, Party Supplies and production from Mark Ronson, Noah "40" Shebib and others.
18. "Bullet Showers" - BADBADNOTGOOD x Ghostface Killah: This track taken from the project Sour Soul, was released February 24 via Lex Records. The album features DOOM, Danny Brown and others, and was inspired by music from the 1960s and '70s. The poetic wordplay and live instrumentation makes this track and the entire album a provocative works of art. You can see the duo perform live at Buku on March 14.
19. "Dimelo" - Tory Lanez x Snakehips: Canadian rapper Tory Lanez teamed up with UK duo Snakehips to create "Dimelo" in a single 24-hour period for the "Songs from Scratch" series. Tory Lanez's vocal melodies slide over relatively bare instrumentation in the head nodding, Drake-esque single. Look out for Lanez' upcoming collaborative EP with WeDidit coming on April 6.
20. "Skyfall" feat. Young Thug (RL Grime and Salva Remix) - Travi$ Scott: A festival-ready banger, this trapped out remix from RL Grime and Salva is sure to be played out at clubs and festivals everywhere. Catch RL Grime live at Buku on March 13.