Fresh music from Quickie Mart, GRiZ, DJ Carnage, Calexico and Two Gallants.
[Update] This week marks the debut of "Freshly Spilt Milk," a Soundcloud playlist of new music first released online.
1. "Werk" (feat. DJ Godfather and Katey Red) - Quickie Mart: The Werk EP featuring New Orleans bounce rapper, Katey Red, Jack ü collaborator, Fly Boi Keno, and the innovator of "Ghettotech," DJ Godfather, is a refreshing blend of New Orleans bounce and dancehall that Dirty Knock Records champions.
2. "Cumbia de Donde" (feat. Amparo Sanchez) - Calexico: Tucson's Calexico recorded its last album, Algiers, in New Orleans on the West Bank. "Cumbia de Donde" is the first release from Calexico's follow-up album, Edge of the Sun, which will be released April 14.
3. “Goldrush” - Yonatan Gat: Yonatan Gat was the guitarist in the Israeli rock band Monotonix. His solo work is improvised with a power trio line-up, and the results sound like world garage rock. "Goldrush" is the first release from Director, due out March 3 on Joyful Noise.
4. "Incidental" - Two Gallants: Two Gallants will come to New Orleans to play Gasa Gasa on May 9, and "Incidental" from the band's upcoming album, We Are Undone (due out Feb. 3 on ATO), finds the duo in a loose, Replacements-like mood.
5. "Anna" - Will Butler: Policy is the debut album from Will Butler who will be touring for his first time this spring apart from Arcade Fire. The album will be out March 10 and reflects Butler's onstage persona, committed to the song and the fun of rock 'n' roll at the same time, even when those impulses are at odds with each other.
6. "Stop Trippin'" - GRiZ: “Stop Trippin’” is the new single off of GRiZ’s forthcoming album Say It Loud, which will be released this March. GRiZ’s self-described "Future Funk" lives at the junction of funk, hip-hop, and electro.
7. "Be Lazy" - Skizzy Mars: New York rapper Skizzy Mars has revealed another single, “Be Lazy," from the highly aniticpated forthcoming album, The Red Balloon Project.
8. "WDYW" feat. Lil Uzi Vert, A$AP Ferg, Rich the Kid - Carnage: After some criticism for his onstage negativity, Carnage released “WDYW," a single off his debut album set for release later this year.
9. "Make Me Feel Better" (Klingande Remix) - Alex Adair: Klingande’s remix of “Make Me Feel Better” is his first release of the year. After absolutely smashing the charts with his hit song, “Jubel,” the producer is back with more infectious house melodies.
10. "Blow Your Mind" (Original Mix) - Tiësto & MOTi: Tiësto & MOTi have just released a mainstage electro-house banger entitled, “Blow Your Mind.” Tiësto has managed to stay relevant with tracks like this, and his summertime hit, “Wasted.”
11. "Drive Me Crazy" (feat. Vic Mensa) - Kaytranada: Chicago rapper Vic Mensa has released another song off his forthcoming LP which is to be released through XL Records. It is produced by Kaytranada, who teamed up with Mensa previously on "Wimme Nah.” This clean, ambient track is just spacey enough for Mensa’s verses to shine through.
Updated 10:44 a.m.
Two Gallants will play Gasa Gasa, not Buku as first reported. The text has been changed to reflect this correction.