A look at the week ahead including acts playing Voodoo, which starts Friday.
This Week's Soundtrack:
2. "Taser Guns Mean Big Fun" - Man or Astroman?: The sci-fi surf band took most of the '90s off, but they've been playing regularly since 2010 and will be at One Eyed Jacks Thursday.
3. "All Consolation" - White Denim: From the new album, Fits. White Denim will play One Eyed Jacks on November 7.
4. "Wild Pink in Super 8" - Rotary Downs: Rotary Downs owns Halloween weekend at d.b.a.. This year, they play Saturday night with R. Scully and Rough 7.
5. "Do Your Own Time" - A.C. Newman: From his new album, Shut Down the Streets.
6. "One for the Record Books" - The Hood Internet: The group made its name doing mash-ups, but its new Feat is all original material including this song, with a guest vocal by A.C. Newman. They'll be at The Maison Saturday.
7. Nothing That Has Happened so Far Has Been Anything We Could Control" - Tame Impala: From the new album, Lonerism.
9. "Waiting is a Drug" - K'naan: K'naan has a new album, Country, God or the Girl, and he plays Voodoo Saturday.
10. "Big 12" - Trombone Shorty: Shorty returns to town to play a show Thursday night at the House of Blues.
11. "Ohio" - Justice: The French EDM duo closes Voodoo's Le Plur stage Saturday night.
12. "Hey Sexy" - Die Antwoord: A couple of years ago, Die Antwoord were one of the highlights of Voodoo. I'm not that into their recent album, Ten$ion, but it'll be interesting to see it live when they return to Voodoo Friday.
14. "Say Goodbye" - Norah Jones: Norah Jones will be at the Mahalia Jackson Theater Tuesday.
15. "Everybody Knows This is Nowhere" (live) - Neil Young and Crazy Horse: Neil Young and Crazy Horse will release their new album, Psychedelic Pill, on the Tuesday after Voodoo, where Young will perform Friday night. This is Crazy Horse in 1972, which sounds a lot like Crazy Horse now.
16. "Put on That Record" - Sarah and the Tall Boys: This Chicago-based honky tonk band plays Chickie Wah Wah Thursday night.