This Week's Soundtrack looks forward to shows this week from Angel Olsen and Broken Bells as well as some upcoming can't-miss concerts.
This Week's Soundtrack on Spotify
1. "Different Days" - The Men: It seems like the Brooklyn rock band never stops releasing music, with its fifth album since 2010 out last month. The Men play One Eyed Jacks on April 28.
2. "Superstooge" - Motorpsycho: Counting among bands who kept '70s hard rock alive before The Men came along, this track is from the Norwegian outfit's Trust Us.
3. "Truckloads Of Nothin'" - The Hellacopters: Another in that long line of rock revivalists, this time out of Sweden off the album High Visibility.
4. "(I'm) Out Of It" - The Nomads: Another Swedish cut to finish the '70s rock-influenced run, from The Nomads' Powerstrip.
6. "Nerve Endings" - Eagulls: The U.K. indie punk darlings released a self-titled debut last week, featuring this cut.
7. "City's Full" - Savages: Off one of the best releases of 2013, Silence Yourself, from a previously unknown U.K. act fronted by four women who have a lot more bite than their male counterparts.
8. "Daydream" - Ava Luna: New from the Brooklyn art rockers who released Electric Balloon last week.
9. "Your Head Is On Fire" - Broken Bells: The indie super duo of the Shins' James Mercer and producer Danger Mouse is touring on latest album After the Disco, and it stops Wednesday at the Civic Theatre. This cut is from the 2010 delft-titled debut.
10. "Declination (feat. Joel Ford)" - Com Truise: The electronic producer, real name Seth Haley, stopped by the Hi Ho Lounge Friday, playing tracks including this one from latest release Wave 1.
11. "Cynical" - Neneh Cherry: From the Swedish genre-jumper's new album, Blank Project, released Feb. 25.
12. "Itchy Fingers" - Junior Boys: More minimalistic funk, this time from the Canadian group's It's All True.
13. "After the Disco" - Broken Bells: Another from the Bells, off its latest.
14. "What Kind of Cool (Will We Think Next)" - Cody Chesnutt: The modern soul artist plays Tipitina's on Wednesday, with this track of his 2012 Landing On A Hundred.
15. "Hoover Street" - Schoolboy Q: The rapper has further breached the mainstream with his latest, Oxymoron. He plays Buku Music + Arts Festival at the end of the month.
16. "Take It (I Love My Tribe)" - The Honorable South: Chesnutt's opener at Wednesday's show, with this cut from 2012 album I Love My Tribe.
17. "Put the Gun Down" - ZZ Ward: The most recent folk/blues revival goddess, Ward plays Wednesday in the Parish Room at House of Blues.
18. "High & Wild" - Angel Olsen: The singer/songwriter's latest Burn Your Fire For No Witness, featuring this track, was released to wide acclaim, and she plays One Eyed Jacks on Saturday.
19. "Past Lives" - Real Estate: Off the preppy rocker's new album, Atlas.
20. "Ozone" - Motorpsycho: Another from the Swedish hard rockers.
21. "Primer Coast" - Drive-By Truckers: The rock country legend plays two night at the Civic Theatre during Jazz Fest, May 2 and 3. This one's from the Truckers' newest, English Oceans.